Trendy foods and drinks to steer clear of – and the Skinny on nutritious trade-outs!
May 11, 2017 - PJ's Coffee of New Orleans
From Instagram-famous Unicorn Frappuccinos to Miracle Green Juices, trendy foods are taking over our social media – and our store shelves. Some of these of-the-moment foods may be fleeting but many are here to stay. Today we’ll cover three foods that may be infiltrating your social media feed as well as your grocery cart – and easy trade-outs to save hundreds of calories and several days’ worth of added sugar!
Instead of S’mores Frappuccino Blended Coffee at Starbucks
- Per 16 oz: 490 calories – 73 grams carbs – 67 grams sugar – 5 grams protein
- Ingredients include milk, coffee, Frappuccino syrup, marshmallow whipped cream, chocolate sauce, vanilla syrup, graham crackers.
- The word “sugar” shows up 7 times in ingredient list + corn syrup + molasses + honey!
Trade it Out For: PJs Eat Fit Protein Velvet Ice
(can add SF flavored syrup)
Visit Web site
- Per 16 oz: 230 calories – 22 grams carbs – 8 grams sugar (3 grams added sugar) – 21 grams protein
- Ingredient include milk, coffee, MoCafe sugar-free vanilla frappe powder, EAS 100% whey protein
- Nutritional Improvement: 53% fewer calories, 70% less carbs, 89% less sugar, 4x more protein
Back To News